Thank you to everyone who participated in our recent member survey! We had a 32% response rate, which is high for this type of survey and reflects the broad support our members have for CGS. The thoughtful responses show care for our community and dedication to our success. We’d like to send a special appreciation to those who said they want to be more involved – volunteering is the lifeblood of our organization, and there are many ways, both big and small, to help out.
1. CGS is already working on issues that our members care about:
- Increase library hours, eliminate need for advance notice to visit the library – The library is now open every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with no advance notice required.
- More in-person classes and social events – Check our calendar for more events over the next few months.
- Upgrades to technology and online experience – We recently upgraded our network and internet access, purchased a large screen monitor for the classroom, have a great scanner available to our members, and are working hard on making more of our collection available online.
- Parking access – On Saturdays, parking is free in the lot behind the building (ask for an email of the permit before you come), and street parking is available close by during the week.
2. CGS will prioritize other top issues raised in the survey:
- Cost of classes and seminars
- Beginning genealogist support
- Personal assistance in the library
- Easier access to our resources
3. CGS will incorporate members’ concerns in our long-term planning:
- Location and security – We have a lease that keeps us in our current location for several more years. We will take the very understandable concerns on security and access to heart as we consider our future direction.
For a deeper dive into the results of the survey, click here for the full report.
We’ll communicate additional actions as they are rolled out through eNews and in our Blog, available on our website at https://www.californiaancestors.org/blog/ and in your in-box by subscription.
Although the survey is now closed, we welcome input from our members at any time. If you have suggestions, please email [email protected].