The society has put in place policies, and protocols to protect our library patrons and volunteers against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19). We have made every effort to follow the spirit of Federal, State, and Local guidelines.
Policies and Protocols
Because we (volunteers and visitors) are generally part of the vulnerable population of over 60 years old, we will observe the following COVID-19 protocols :
- Masks are not required; however, we strongly recommend that you do wear a mask, especially if you are at a higher risk for infection.
- If COVID-19 Community Levels rise to a high level (see COVID-19 by County | CDC), or if the County or State requirements change, we reserve the option to reinstate the requirement to wear masks in our facility.
- Cancel visits to the library if you have tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to an infected person, or are experiencing symptoms.
- The library will be open from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the third Saturday of the month. Since the library currently does not have ventilation in the evenings or weekends (except for the third Saturday), it will not be open for use during those times.
- The restroom in the library is closed because it lacks adequate ventilation. Please use the restrooms past the staircase. The Desk Duty volunteer has a keycard to open the security door.
- Hand sanitizer and masks are available at the front desk. There is also a sink for hand washing in the kitchen section.
- Eating and food-sharing are permitted in the kitchen section of the library. However, we recommend against this practice as it can contribute to the spread of COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: Patrons must register ahead of time on Eventbrite. Registered patrons names will be provided to building security and patrons must check in at the security desk before proceeding to the library. This is a requirement of the Breuner Building security and is NOT related to COVID-19 protocols.