The society has put in place procedures, policies, and measures to protect our library patrons and volunteers while the SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) pandemic winds down. We have made every effort to follow the spirit of Federal, State, and Local guidelines.
We recognize that many patrons and volunteers are vaccinated and would like to resume normal activities without restrictions but we must also recognize that not everyone is vaccinated, that in some cases the vaccine is not sufficiently effective, and that there are cases where potential volunteers or patrons cannot get vaccinated. There is at present no reliable way for us to unequivocally establish anyone’s vaccination status.
- Installed signage showing policies and procedures.
- Obtained gloves, masks, sanitizer, and disinfectant.
- Placed this page here and on the internal website
- Rearranged work and research stations to support distancing (see map)
- Checklists for volunteers and patrons.
- The library will be open for two sessions, 10:00 AM -12:30 PM and 1:00 – 3:30 PM Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- No more than 5 patrons per session. Patrons must register ahead of time on < href=”https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cgs-library-volunteer-visit-registration-registration-156312092677″>Eventbrite. Registered patrons names will be provided to building security and patrons must check in at the security desk before proceeding to the library.
- Volunteers and patrons must affirm on arrival that they have none of the symptoms listed on the Symptoms Checklist.
- Everyone in the library must wear a mask and maintain distance from others, and disinfect equipment and workspaces at the end of their visit, see the checklists for details.
- Printed materials will be kept off the shelves for several days after use to allow time for any virus particles to lose viability.
Because we (volunteers and visitors) are generally part of the vulnerable population of over 60 years old, we will keep COVID-19 protocols in place even after June 15