• Guidelines for Publishing Web Pages on the Internet – page 2
• Registration Flier for Nora Keohane Hickey – page 3
• Diversity in American Last Names – page 4
• Registration Flier for NEHGS Library Trip – page 5
• Book Review – Royal Families: Samuel Appleton – page 6
• Nancy Peterson’s “Major Northeastern Holdings” – pages 7 and 8
• New Books in the Library – pages 6 and 9
• New Members List – pages 9 and 10
The CGS News, edited by Jane Hufft and produced by Lois Elling, is published six times a year by the California Genealogical Society. An annual subscription to the bimonthly newsletter is included in a society membership ($35 per year). For membership information, visit the CGS Web site.
The newsletter keeps members up-to-date regarding speakers, trips, and other events of interest to family history researchers. Articles on relevant aspects of California history and ongoing publication of vital records are some of the regular topics. Back issues of the CGS News are available at the Web site in the “Members Only” section.
June 27-28, 2008
The California Genealogical Society is heading south next week for Jamboree 2008. This is a great opportunity for our Southern California members to meet each other and attend some fantastic sessions. “Solve Your Family History Puzzle” is the theme of the 39th Annual SCGS Jamboree. More than 1200 registrants have signed up to hear thirty-seven speakers present more than eighty sessions.
A CGS Membership Coffee will be held on Friday morning, June 27, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in Sunset A and B in the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. Jamboree attendees and members who live in the Los Angeles area are invited to join CGS President Jane Lindsey for an update on society events. Please be sure to let us know if you can come.
For detailed information about schedule, speakers, genealogy exhibitors and more, visit the Jamboree blog.